Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tentatively Optimistic

Due to an accidental act of non diapering the night before, that ended, luckily for Colin, in a lack of moisturizing of mama's sheets, we made a non accidental attempt at it again last night.  I had no intention of even tempting this concept for at least another 15 years, maybe 20.

Daytime toilet training was (is) tough enough, I was willing to go to the great lengths of stocking up on adult sized diaper for when my boys were much, much older, just to avoid night time toilet training them.  I, for the very first time in Rohan's life, was in no rush to get to the next developmental stage in his life.

Just imagining the piles and piles of laundry, the sleepless nights, the tears, the disappointment.....nope, not for me. But, alas, we tried it out again last night and, to our absolute surprise and delight, another dry bed.  I am skeptical, however.  I know that at times babies can trick you into thinking you may get a full nights sleep by not waking up a couple of nights in a row, than BAM, back to waking up every two hours.  This could be a toilet training trick.  I am getting all nice and comfortable, not buying anymore pulls ups, than BAM, hello regression, hello urine soaked dreams.

I am nervous and tentatively optimistic.  Imagine how much mother nature would love one less diaper a night..........

No comments:

Post a Comment