Friday, May 6, 2011

Sparkle Stories

So I won this gift from a much loved blog called Progressive Pioneer.  I won a craft type, online magazine type thingy, which looks mighty cool.  I am more of a paper in front of me kind of girl, so I think, once I get a printer and print it out, I will appreciate it way more! 

The other part of my winnings (heck yes, I love to win stuff!!)  is a years subscription to Sparkle Stories.  This was the first time I had heard of them, and in all honesty, I had no idea what they were all about.  I finally decided to download one with Rohan today, just to see what would happen.  Good Lord the boy loved it.  This is the perfect downtime when there should really be a nap time activity.  He just layed down on the couch content fully listening.

These here Sparkle Stories are basically like books on tape.  Little short children's stories read out load, only a voice, no visuals.  The perfect alternative to TV for sure.  I was skeptical about Rohan actually sitting still long enough to listen to the stories with no visual aid. I have become EXTREMELY guilty about the amount of TV I have been letting Rohan watch.  It is so hard to say no to actually getting something done around the house you know?  It gets so desperate sometimes that it has taken me 4 days to finally find enough time to bathe........but I digress.

So it turns out, he totally enjoyed them.  I managed to get some laundry put away and some of the clothes that Avery has grown out of sorted.  In fact he demanded a second story right after.  I thought for sure he was going to fall asleep.  No such luck.  But it was pretty nice to run around the house and get a few chores done with only one child attached to me, and no TV guilt...............YES!  Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment