Friday, March 11, 2011

Pajama Rama





The boys and I spent the entire day in our Pajamas. TO be fair, Avery is almost always in a sleeper unless we are leaving the house for a special occasion (note, going anywhere that consists of us leaving the house is considered a special occasion in my books!). Also, Rohan had a few change of pants due to some *accidents*. But, overall, pajamas all day long.

This day of lack of clothing change came about due to the 15-20 cm of snow that had dropped the night before and part way through the morning. After our last (hopefully) major snowfall came the rain that was creating the perfect packing snow throughout out the nature created ski hills scattering our front 'yard'. In fact, not only did I wake up with the tragic discovery of a major 8.9 earthquake in Japan, I also notice that there is still a major rainfall warning here in Wakefield. Flooding, Tsunami's, that is a whole heck of a lot of bad news to be reading at 4 o'clock in the morning.

Needless to say, yesterday was an inside day. It can be trying, coming up with activities to fill an entire day inside. For a good portion of the day we did some spring cleaning. I (finally) cleaned out my closet, dresser, hall closet and came out of the ordeal with a very frustrated and sadly ignored toddler as well as a couple of boxes of goodies to send to the local second hand store.

I have to say, I very much dislike inside days. I need to leave the house at least once a day to maintain some semblance of sanity. Inside days create, in me, a maddening cabin fever feeling that in turn makes me irritable and anxious. But on the plus side, I finally got some cleaning done, so, not a total loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment