Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Parenthood, the Musical

It is all my fault. I would like to say that it started, for me, around the time that I birthed my first child, but that would be a lie. This is something that has been a part of me from day one. My siblings would constantly sing my praise (tell me to shut up), my friends and random strangers would sit back and listen with rapture (hide their faces in embarrassment). I just can't contain myself, I just have to let it out of its cage, I just have to sing!

Once I had children, this affliction has become something that is totally excepted and considered normal. AS LONG AS IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE DOING IT FOR THE CHILDREN. This problem would not necessarily be considered an affliction if it was brought forth in a beautiful harmony. It would be welcomed with open arms. However, with my off tune mono melodies, it is terrifying to say the least. I can't help it though. It is mostly subconsciousness. I will be doing something. anything, and I will break out in song. Not a specific, played on the radio song, but a made up song with a made up tune, explaining my activities.

Example:

(picture musical notes to go with this, I am not quite at the level of computer wisdom to put little cool pictures, such as smiley faces on here yet)

'I am putting Avery down to sleep, it's time for Avery to go to bed right now. So good night little Avery gooooood night, I'll see you when you wake up frooooom your naaaaaaap. Close your eyes you little monkey, I can't stand here foreveeeeeeeeeeeer. My back is sore and my feet are tired, and I would love it if you could just gooooooo toooooo sleeeeeep little monkeyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Rohan if you keeep, making noise you will be in big trouuuuuuuuble mister because I am trying put your brother down to sleeeeeep' etc etc,

No Rhyming necessary, just words and a nice melodic off tune!

So this is my thing, it hasn't stopped, I can't help myself. But now it has spread. I perk my ears up to listen to what Rohan is saying, and it it is a little song about him being a Robot/dinosaur/giant/dragon, or singing about his train set or lego or food, or how he doesn't want any more to eeeeaaattttttt. So the kids got it, totally reasonable, it could be hereditary, I understand that. But wait, there's more.

I have heard the faint, but undeniable sound of Colin singing. It isn't loud enough for the untrained ear to understand, but as a seasoned professional, I can spot it out from a mile away.

We have officially become a real life musical. A reality show musical. It ain't pretty, there isn't too much in the way of good singing skills or attractive costumes, but dang, we (I) love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment